Recycling and Trash Information
Trash Collection Company – “Best Trash” • 281-313-2378
Collection days are Tuesday and Friday for ALL RESIDENTS OF COLES CROSSING.
- Best Trash typically begins trash pick-up at 7 AM. Please have your trash available for pick up by this time.
- Household Garbage: Garage door area pick-up is limited to household garbage. Household garbage is defined as waste generated inside the house, exclusive of any construction or remodeling debris or any other waste defined below. Garbage containers must be in plain site and accessible. Service behind gates is not available. The maximum size container is 40 gallons.
- Tree & Yard Waste: Must be located at the curb area of each residence.Trees, shrubs, brush trimmings and fencing must be bundled in lengths no greater than 4 feet with no branch diameter exceeding 3 inches. The bundling is required to allow quick pickup, and size limitations are required to avoid damaging the equipment in the crushing process. All residential waste materials must be either in containers not exceeding 40 gallons, bags or bundles not exceeding 40 pounds. All permanent trash containers, after being emptied by WCA, will be returned to their point of origin in the same condition in which they were taken, normal wear and tear excepted.
- Bulky Items: Must be located at the curb area of each residence. Items such as appliances, furniture, carpet (up to 1 room, rolled up four feet wide and less than fifty pounds), cardboard boxes (flattened), will be picked up either day. By Federal Law, refrigerators and freezers or any other items containing Freon must be drained of Freon and have an accompanying bill to validate such service was performed.
- Excluded Items: Items excluded from normal collection are dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, tires, batteries, motor oil, cooking oil, waste generated by a private contractor or any materials or items deemed hazardous materials.
- Special Collection: Other than normal amounts of residential refuse, yard trimmings or bulk items, if notified in advance, Best Trash will, at the resident’s request, meet with a resident prior to collection day to determine a price. If a resident does not notify Best Trash of such a special pick-up before its scheduled day, then Best Trash will leave a notice for the resident to contact Contractor during normal office hours before the next scheduled pick up day.
- Missed Pick-Up: Failure of a resident to place garbage out in time for pick-up will result in that resident’s garbage being picked-up on the next scheduled service day. For missed pick-up due to Best Trash crew mistake, pick-up will be made within twenty four (24) hours.
- Spillage: Best Trash will clean up any spillage that occurs during the collection or recycling process; however if gasoline, motor oil, paints, cooking oil, or any other liquid items in a container that is not visible to Best Trash personnel results in spillage that causes a stain, Best Trash shall not be responsible.Holidays
When regular pick-up falls on a holiday, (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th – Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day), the pick-up will be made on the next regularly scheduled pick-up day. Best Trash Phone Number is 281-313-2378
Curbside recycling is available in Coles Crossing.
Pick up is every Tuesday for MUD 365. Pick up is every Friday for MUD 364.
Bins can be purchased through Residential Recycling for $10.00 or they can send you a free recycling sticker that you place on your own bin. Residents in MUD 365 are billed for the service through their MUD. Residents in MUD 364 must sign up with Residential Recycling on a household by household basis. Simply contact Residential Recycling at 866-516-9805. For additional information go to http://residentialrecyclingtexas.com.
For additional information on this and other ways to support environmental initiatives in our community, visit the our Go Green club page
Local Recycling Centers
Sampson Elementary on Coles Crossing Drive at Coles Crossing North offers recycling newspaper and paper products. This goes to support the garden and other activities at and for Sampson.
The Science Resource Center located at 11206 Telge Rd, Cypress Tx 77429.
Just off Telge Rd across from Arnold Jr. High will take cardboard, aluminum, cell phones, laptops, and pda’s, DVD, Movies, game systems, empty printer cartridges. Drop off would be just inside our front door for the cartridges, etc. There are boxes located under the counter that has the otter on it. When dropping off aluminum cans, we have two blue “trash cans” for them. One is in our classroom, the other is located in our pick up area for teachers, just by the drink machine. If we are not open, properly boxed or bagged cans can be left outside our front door. We do like Milk jugs. These are used for a summer arts/crafts program. The district does recycle them; however, we have a limited amount of storage space. We do like newspaper! We do not recycle it; we use it for the animals in making their environment clean. Please call if you have any questions. Contact Denise Martin at 281-897-4695.
Cartridges for Kids, cell phones, laptops, and pda’s, DVD, Movies. www.cartridgesforkids.com
The Recycling Center in West University Place is located at 5004 Dinkins, or Dinkins and Westpark. It is easy to find just two blocks west of Kirby and two blocks south of US59 / The Southwest Freeway. The Center is open 24 hours and although there are signs indicating an address is required for use, in talks with personnel working there I am advised that no one is refused and no one even attempts to validate anyone’s address. There is another recycling center located at West Park and Fountain View. That center is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Hazardous waste may be deposited at the Hazardous Waste Enviro Service Center on Tuesday or Wednesday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and each second Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The location is at the intersection of South Post Oak and South Main (US-90). There are several options for material to be handled by Whole Foods. For information on that the telephone reference number is 713-551-7355.
Houston Recycling and Hazardous Waste Disposal Locations:
For the location nearest you, you can call the Houston Recycling Hotline, at 713-837-9130 or, you can go directly to one of the locations below (the list in not all-inclusive):
Key: A=aluminum; B=batteries; OCC=cardboard; G=glass; MOP=office paper; M=metal; ONP=newspaper; O=oil; NF=non-ferrous metal; P=plastic; TEL=telephone books; TIN=tin cans; MAG=magazines; R=radiators
West Houston (west of I-45, and north of W. Bellfort):
Vista Fibers 1200 Brittmoore 713-461-9933 – A,G,MAG,OCC,ONP,MOP,P,TIN,TEL
City of Houston 5900 Westpark 713-837-9130 – A,B,G,O,MOP,OCC,ONP,P,TEL,TIN, plus antifreeze and latex paint
City of Houston 6023 Windfern 713-837-9130 – A,G,O,MOP,OCC,ONP,P,TEL,TIN
City of W. University 5004 Dincans 713-662-5839 – A,G,MAG,O,OCC,ONP,TEL,P,TIN
City of Bellaire 4400 Edith 713-662-8173 – A,G,MAG,OCC,M,ONP,P,TIN
Tascon Inc. 7607 Fairview 713-937-0900 – ONP,OMP,MAG,TEL
Donohue Recycling 4939 Gasmer 713-723-6397 – ONP,MAG,OCC,MOP
A-M AutoParts 7911 Fallbrook 281-890-7663 – A,B,OOC,TIN,NF
ASK Recyclers 4400 Pinemont 713-686-5549 – A,B,OCC,G,NF,TIN
JD Metals 1845 Bingle 713-456-5066 – A,B,M,NF,R,TIN
Safe Tire Disposal 11150 Applewhite 1-800-848-6202 B, Tires
Alco Recycling 9206 Ronda 713-981-5881 – Foam carpet pad, used carpet
Additional information might be available on the following site: http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/recycling.html